Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Never Give Up, NEVER SURRENDER

So I've done this before. Who hasn't? Started a blog, then slowly but surely stopped posting. Started another one on another site, then again, "forgotten about it". And let me say, I probably have at least two, if not three, blogs out there that I can't remember the site or the log-in name or the password. There's a little bit of failure there, not gonna lie.

But here's the plan. Ready? I'm going to lose 15 pounds by March 28th. It's going to happen. And the way it's going to happen is me blogging about it, explaining in great detail to the entire internet about what I'm putting into my body and how I'm burning it off. Perhaps people will find this blog, perhaps not, but I need to stay on top of myself somehow. Plus, I'm a bit of a blog-creeper. Is that a word? I like to read blogs, but not "become a follower". HOW AWFUL OF ME! This is me, coming out of the closet.

I should provide a little background on myself before I dive right into what I ate for breakfast...I'm 26, married, living in the very cold midwest, and overweight. I used to be fairly obese. At 5'2", I was carrying 196 pounds on my small frame. I hate looking at pictures from that period of my life - it looks like someone stuck a needle in me, and just started pumping me full of fat. It was unnatural & incredibly uncomfortable looking. I was miserable, both emotionally and physically.

I had started gaining my weight in college, then it got worse when I got married and tried keeping up with my 6'4" husband at the dinner table. Hah. Recipe for disaster. After failing @ Weight Watchers & Jenny Craig & calorieking, etc., I finally bit the bullet & hired a personal trainer. I lost about 15 to 20 pounds with her. It was amazing! And then summer hit. I basically maintained, but didn't go out of my way to burn any extra calories.

I then hired another trainer, who whipped my butt into shape, and got me down to the 150 that I am today, which I've maintained for about a year or so. I'm not made of money though, and I can't keep hiring a trainer every time I feel like I'm losing control. If I want to make a lifestyle change, it needs to start inside of me, not by writing out a check for a 6 week period of lifting weights.


My goals are as follows:

1) Lose 15 pounds to reach 135, which for my height, puts me right in the "healthy" range. I've got rolls & fat pockets that just aren't too attractive that I'd like to take care of.

2) Eat a TON more fruits & veggies. First step in this is drinking a smoothie every day stock full of fruits & veggies.

3) Exercise 5x a week.

4) Do this without spending any money. No buying a new DVD or different weights. No Zumba classes. Just me, using our condo's weight room and whatever else I can think of to get my **s moving.

5) Blog every day about something, anything. It doesn't even need to be about weight loss necessarily.

That's it. That's the plan.

Want to know what I had for breakfast? Of course you do. I've been experimenting with making shakes/smoothies/disgusting blended drinks, and my concoction today was...

-1/2 apple
-1 banana
-1 cup of spinach
-4 carrots
-5 strawberries
-1/2 cup of orange juice
-1/4 cup of apple-orange-strawberry juice

It was...interesting. Not awful! Just not quite the consistency that I'm looking for. And the orange juice was a bit over-powering. I'm going to continue tweaking it though until I get it right!

'Til tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment