Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just keep swimming

It's hard to blog when you've been bad. It's really difficult to just bite the bullet & admit when you've screwed up, even if it is just to yourself. I was hoping that by Sunday morning I would be down to 149. Didn't happen. I was hoping that I wouldn't drink a whole lot during the Packer game on Sunday. Ha, not so much. And then I ate McDonalds to cap it all off!!!! What do they put in their chicken sandwiches that make them so good? Maybe I don't want to know...

And yesterday! Holy crap, yesterday was just a food blow-out. I didn't necessarily eat bad food - I just ate a lot. I was hungry allllllllllll day. Plus, I was comfort eating, because I was hungover and then I had to go to class Monday night, which is never fun.

On top of all that, it's restaurant week here in Madison, and I LOVE eating out. I like getting all fancied up, putting on some make-up, and eating some scrumptous food that I would have no idea how to make at home. Tonight, hubby and I have reservations @ Ruth's Chris for some (hopefully) amazing steak, and Thursday I have lunch plans with a girlfriend of mine @ Bonfyre. Friday night we MAY be going to Samba for dinner with another couple, and then Saturday night we're going to Johnny Delmonico's for dinner with my parents!!! Can anyone say restaurant overload? Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited for each individual restaurant, but unfortunately none of this fits into my weight loss plan...

Would you like some positives? I know I need to hear them again...

1) Sunday morning, my husband commented on how cute my butt looked in my dress pants before church =)
2) At church, I said hi to a woman I vaguely know from facebook, and she responded back, "Hey Skinny!" =)
3) I got a wonderful compliment on my hair color @ the Packer party.

So today's a new day. I'm going to take this week in stride, focusing on enjoying my life, enjoying my food, but not to excess. I don't need to stuff myself @ these places - portion sizing may be my saving grace this week.

I'm glad I blogged. As Soichire Honda said (and don't ask me who that is), "Success is 99% failure." The important thing is to keep trying.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." =)

No comments:

Post a Comment