Friday, February 4, 2011

A Very Merry Non-Weekend to You!

I'm going into a weekend that's not a weekend. IT ISN'T. A weekend is restful, with perhaps an activity or two scheduled, but nothing too demanding. That's not what the next three days hold for me, and I'm a bit resentful. I DO want to do all of the things that we have scheduled. I just don't want to do it all in one weekend.

Sorry, all in one non-weekend.

Tonight I'm getting together with my high school girlfriends. Or the Soph Seven, as we were once called. Yes, we had a name given to us. I think that alone is a statement...think what you will. Whenever we get together (which may be twice a year?), we always have a great time catching up, reminiscing, etc., and one of us always says, "We weren't that cliquey. We didn't exclude anyone. We were just all good friends." And I'm always actually thinking, "Yeah, we were. Yeah, we did. But such is life." I did enjoy high school, but I think I enjoyed it so much because I was THAT STUPID. And immature. And selfish. And...you get the idea. Teens are scary. I'm definitely going to remember what I was like when I have kids.

My teenage past could be a post on it's own, so let's move on!

Saturday morning, I'm working for four hours, maybe five. I then need to get home, throw some food together, and head over to another friends' for her child's 2nd birthday party. I'm unsure how long the party will last, and I'm crazy about her daughter, so it's not exactly a hardship, but I refer back to my first paragraph.

Sunday will be church, then the Super Bowl. Yep, alllllllllllll day. Go Pack! I do love my Packers, but that's a long day of pre-gaming plus all the food that will be consumed will be a bit ridiculous.

So that's my non-weekend. RABBLE. I know I came into this blog with it focusing on my weight loss, but it's also just a good place for me to vent. Unfortunately, I haven't been eating the best lately and it's been a while since I've exercised =( I promise to remedy that on Monday! As for now, pray that I get through this weekend upbeat & rested. No one likes a cranky Erin.


No comments:

Post a Comment