Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I came, I walked, I conquered.

I've walked two days in a row. TWO DAYS! Now I'm not saying this is the biggest thing since sliced bread, but seriously, making a goal, whatever it is, and following through on it is monumental to me. One of the personal struggles I've come up against is constantly making promises to myself, such as I'm going to lose 10 pounds in a month, quit smoking by next Friday, lift weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays, not crack open that bottle of wine tonight, etc. etc. etc. Then every time I don't follow through, I lose a little bit more faith in myself. If you had someone constantly promise you things and never do it, wouldn't you stop trusting them? My head says one thing, but my will says another.

The rest of my week will be pretty busy. I'm helping out a newly pregnant mother with her 3-year-old this evening. Unfortunately my friend has been dreadfully sick these past few weeks; thankfully her daughter is a dream! Then Thursday I'm going out to dinner with a friend who will be moving to Arizona at the end of this month. How sad it is to lose close friends, but it's all the more reason to finally see Arizona! Friday & Saturday we will be visiting my husband's family, traveling to "Up North" Wisconsin. That brings us to Sunday which is Mother's Day - I'll be busy celebrating my own mother =)

Here's to walking three more days in a row!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are keeping up with it. I'm proud of you! I need to get my ass back to the gym. I have been bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about you. Hope you are doing well. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete